Because Eidoo was released in 2017, when there was not a standard for the derivation path of the wallets, it may happen that when you import your seed, the app won’t recognize the wallet connected. In particular, this is likely to happen if you did not hold any ETH in the wallet you used in the old app.
Don’t worry, recovering your wallet is very easy. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Tap on the account icon in the top-left corner of the homepage
- Tap on “Import Account”
- Choose to do so through seed
- Insert the seed of your Eidoo Legacy wallet and continue
- Now, choose “Eidoo Legacy” as Type instead of “Bip44”
- Choose the first address from the list of available accounts
✅ Done, you have successfully imported the wallet you used in the old app!
Now, you may not see the tokens you hold in that wallet displayed in the app. To fix this, tap on “Add token”, at the bottom of the homepage, and choose which tokens you want to add to the app. Read more about how to add a token by clicking here.