One of the main features implemented with the V2 of Eidoo is the possibility to top up the card using the BNB Smart Chain. Using the BSC results in a massive cut in fees paid by users when performing this operation, as the gas fees required are only a fraction of the ones on Ethereum.
Let’s see in this guide all the steps to follow to bring funds to the eidooCARD via the BNB Smart Chain.
Before proceeding, be sure you own eidooCARD. The eidooCARD allows you to instantly convert your crypto into FIAT to spend everywhere through the VISA payment system. Our card also grants a cashback up to 12% of the expenses. Read more about it by clicking here.
Once you have your card set, you can manage it by scrolling right from the homepage and reaching the “Card” section. In order to execute a top up, funds have to move from the personal wallet to the card balance. For now, the top up through BNB Smart Chain is available only with USDC.
Let's see then how to deposit USDC on the personal wallet from Binance through the BNB Smart Chain:
- First of all, copy your BSC address from the Eidoo wallet: open the app, on the "crypto" homepage, tap on the USDC on BSC or on any other BSC token (1) and then on the "+" symbol (2). You will be presented to a page with an address, click on the copy button (3).
- Then, register on Binance (or on other exchanges that allow the withdraw of USDC through BEP20) or log in If you already have an account. Once you obtained some USDC on the exchange, go to "Spot wallet'', search USDC, click on withdraw, choose “send through crypto”, paste the BSC address you copied from Eidoo, select BNB Smart Chain (BEP20) as network, insert the amount and proceed with the authentication (4).
- If you follow the steps correctly, you will receive the USDC on Eidoo in a couple of minutes. Be sure to add the token on the wallet to be able to visualize it. Click here to learn how to do it.
- In order to top up the card, you will also need a fraction of BNB, the token of Binance needed to pay transactions on its smart chain. Send it to Eidoo from Binance following the steps described in the point 2, or send it from another BSC wallet. Please note that the address to receive USDC and BNB on BSC is the same.
- Once you have some USDC and BNB on your wallet Eidoo, you can finally top up your eidooCARD. Go on the card homepage and tap on the “+” button. Select then Binance-Peg USD Coin, choose the amount and confirm the transaction.
✅ Done, you have just topped up your card paying trascurable network fees and you can now spend your USDC through the eidooCARD!