Since transactions are irreversible, transferring crypto across blockchains can be tricky. However, here’s a guide on how to successfully send cryptos to other wallet addresses using Eidoo wallet.
First of all, be aware of the fact that the transfer of crypto has to be initialized and finalized on the same blockchain. This means that the ETH stored on Ethereum can only be transferred successfully to another Ethereum address, as transferring ETH to a Bitcoin wallet (or vice versa) would cause an irreversible loss of funds. Remember that Eidoo wallet hosts several different blockchains, so please follow the guide and be careful when transferring funds.
You can see the list of assets available and therefore transferable on the “Crypto” homepage. If you believe that some tokens are missing from that list, please visit this page to learn how to add them.
To make a transfer to another address:
- Click on the desired asset (1), then on the arrow pointed rightwards (2).
- On the following page, you can see all the options Eidoo has made available:
- you can insert (paste is advised) an external wallet address
- you can insert an ENS or a FIO Crypto Handle instead of a wallet address, if available
- you can choose to send crypto to an internal account by clicking on it from the list
- you can insert one’s address simply by scanning the QR code representing it
Once you insert an address and you are sure it is one of a wallet of the same blockchain as the one you are using to send the funds, click on “Continue” (3):
- now, please select the amount of the crypto you wish to transfer. You can do so by writing the amount yourself or by choosing the percentage over the total you hold through the buttons below. Then tap on “Continue” (4)
- on the “Review Transaction” page, you have a recap of the information of the transaction as well as an “edit priority” button to choose the maximum amount of gas fees you want to pay. A higher priority means that the transaction is likely to be broadcasted faster. Feel free also to decide yourself the gas limit through the advanced settings (5).
✅ Done, your transaction has been successfully sent. It will now be executed according to the normal timelines of the reference blockchain.