What is WalletConnect?
“WalletConnect is an open source protocol for connecting decentralised applications to mobile wallets with QR code scanning or deep linking. A user can interact securely with any Dapp from their mobile phone, making WalletConnect wallets a safer choice compared to desktop or browser extension wallets.”
WalletConnect establishes an encrypted connection between your device and the DApp used, in order to make transactions safely because your private key never leaves your device.
About WalletConnect Security
As for hardware wallets, WalletConnect establishes and end-to-end encrypted connection between your Eidoo Wallet and desktop DApps. This method prevents data from being read or modified other than by the true sender and recipient. Because user is not requested to enter his private keys in third-party services, the funds are never at risk.
How to use WalletConnect with Eidoo
Note: WalletConnect is available only for the mobile version of Eidoo Wallet. Make sure you download the latest version from the website https://eidoo.app
- From your computer, go to your favourite DApp website (you can find a list of the supported applications on WalletConnect official website https://walletconnect.org/apps), find the “Connect wallet” option and click on it. Select WalletConnect, the website will show you a QR Code
- Now from your Eidoo app, in the main menu tap on the WalletConnect logo (it’s on the upper right corner). The app will request to access your camera (please accept the authorization prompt if shown)
- Scan the QR Code and accept the connection request in your Eidoo app (you will see first a green blinking dot next to the WalletConnect logo)
- WalletConnect logo will show a green dot, meaning the connection was established successfully
- Tap on the WalletConnect logo again to check all your active connections
- Now your funds will be available inside the DApp. Every time you will perform an action, WalletConnect will send an approval request to your Eidoo app
- To confirm a transaction, tap on “View Request”, then “Approve Transaction” (you can also reject it if needed)
- Once the transaction is approved, you can close the opened session by tapping the red “X” in the WalletConnect page. You can also tap on “Scan QR Code” banner to use multiple DApps at the same time.