The community must be aware that there are malicious actors who work daily to try to steal money from users.
They may send you private messages inviting you to invest in private sales or take advantage of special offers or free distributions (airdrops). Eidoo administrators and support agents will never contact you privately first, ask you to send money, share your seed, personal information or account details (email and password). Don't share confidential information with anyone!
Scammers aim to get your seed in order to create a copy of your wallet and steal your cryptocurrencies and use the most imaginative methods to get it, it is very important not to fall for this scam attempt. Given the "immutable" nature of the blockchain, once the funds are moved from one wallet to another, it is not possible to undo the operation: for this reason in case of theft, the cryptocurrencies will be irretrievably lost.
Our experts' advice
The main activities of scammers focus on Telegram: they can create groups, channels or profiles very similar to the real ones by swapping simple nickname letters (for example, using the capital "i" to make it look like a lowercase "L" and so on), or by inserting the legitimate nickname of administrators within Bio. Don't worry! There are simple methods to keep your cryptocurrencies safe and to avoid these unpleasant inconveniences. Follow these simple rules:
- Backup your seed (12 words) and keep it in a safe place
- NEVER SHARE YOUR SEED (12 words) with anyone, it would mean handing over the keys to your wallet to a stranger, resulting in the loss of your cryptocurrencies
- Eidoo administrators never contact users privately first, always be wary of anyone who contacts you privately first and claims to be part of the Eidoo team.
- If in doubt, always ask for confirmation in the public Telegram chat, e.g. "Szabo can you confirm that it is you who is talking to me in private?"
- In most cases, scammers trying to clone admin accounts cannot be inside the public chat because they would be discovered. In fact, on Telegram it is possible to observe public chats from the outside, without being a part of it. The scammer uses this method to select his victims. To protect yourself, make sure you are present in both Telegram chats (Italian and international, you can find the links further down) and verify by clicking on the nickname that you have the official Eidoo chat in common and that the nickname is not "disguised" (as explained above)
- If you need help, always ask in public chat and wait for one of the administrators or support members to invite you to write to them privately. If you ask for help and receive a private message, beware! It could be an impostor.
- If unfortunately you realize you are talking to a scammer, for your own safety block the user and report the account as spam
In the picture above you can see a comparison between the original Eidoo Support Manager account and a fake one used by the scammer to steal users' seeds. As you can see, the scammer inserts the username (which is unique and not cloneable) inside the Bio, to bypass Telegram's protection on usernames.
Always refer to official links and do not accept invitations from suspicious users and unlikely administrators. Links to all official Eidoo accounts and groups are listed below:
Eidoo does not offer phone support. If you notice any suspicious activity within the community, or find any fake Eidoo users/groups/channels, please send a message to our Support team or contact our Telegram group administrators immediately. Please note that our identity provider EidooID (link to the identity verification guide here) does not make a copy of your wallet, but only allows you to access our advanced services.
Eidoo is a non-custodial wallet, meaning that our team does not have access to users' funds, who have full control of their coins through seed. In case of seed loss, it is not possible to recover the wallet through EidooID data. Make sure to back up your seed (12 words).
If you haven't downloaded Eidoo yet and want to create your first cryptocurrency wallet, follow our guide.