EidooID is an identity provider that allows you to use all of Eidoo's services and its partner platforms without performing multiple verifications. Create an EidooID profile through a single KYC identity verification, and explore the full potential of Eidoo Wallet, including participation in crowdfunding operations.
1) To start the verification process, from the main menu click on the “Other” button, then on “Your identity”. You will be redirected to the main EidooID page. Click on "create Eidoo ID account" to begin the process.
2) You will be asked if you want to register as a private individual or as a company. In this guide, we will cover your personal verification. Proceed with the Private individual verification. You will be asked for some personal details(your full name, date of birth and nationality) and your email address to register your account.
3) A verification email will be sent to the registered address to verify and activate your account. You will need to confirm this before you can proceed with the verification. It may take a couple of minutes for the email to arrive. remember to check the spam and unwanted mail folders if you don’t see it.
4) Once your email address has been verified, you will be asked to link your ETH address to your account through a 0 ETH transaction. The system will automatically find the Ethereum address connected to your Personal Wallet. Click on the button and then enter the password to unlock your wallet. Once the transaction is confirmed, you will be able to proceed with your Tier 1 verification. This process is necessary because it is the only way to identify your wallet and verify you as its owner. Until the verification process is carried out, your Eidoo wallet is anonymous and not linked to any account.
Note: the 0 ETH transaction to connect the ETH wallet to your Eidoo ID does not require any payment.
5) At this point, the message "Go to desktop" will appear: to continue with the registration you need to connect to the site https://eidoo.id directly from your computer, equipped with a webcam and Google Chrome browser.
6) You can now proceed with your Tier 1 verification, which will allow you to invest up to CHF 5,000 using our advanced features. At the beginning of the procedure, you will have to specify your country and your current residential address. Once this data has been confirmed, you will be asked to enter your mobile number to connect it to the account: you will receive a verification code via SMS to be entered in the appropriate screen. If you do not receive any SMS, click on "I have not received the SMS" to repeat the process.
7) The next step is to provide proof of your identity. To do this, you will need to upload a photo of your identification document via a browser using your computer's webcam. If you are using a PC without a webcam, please find another PC which has one and continue the process by connecting to https://eidoo.id with the Google Chrome browser and logging in. Remember to allow Chrome access to the webcam and microphone by clicking on "Allow", otherwise you will not be able to proceed. In the screen below you will find an example of a request for access made by the browser.
8) Once the browser has successfully obtained access to the microphone and webcam, you will be asked to photograph your identity document (with residual validity greater than one year and visible MRZ code).
Note: Make sure to follow all the guidelines given before taking the photos (the four corners of the document must be clearly visible, the document must not be covered with your fingers and the photo must be clear and legible).
9) In the next step, you will have to take a selfie and make a small video recording, where you will be asked to perform simple actions. Before the video recording, be sure to place your face in the oval, then press the red "record" button at the bottom of the screen. Carefully follow the instructions that will be given to you (turn your head sideways and say numbers out loud). Once registration is complete, check the video and confirm. In case of any errors, you can repeat the procedure.
Note: Make sure to take the selfie in optimal light conditions, look straight into the webcam and keep a neutral expression. When recording videos, you have to say the numbers out loud in English. Remember to stop recording immediately after following the instructions, otherwise, the video will not be accepted. Selfies and videos are security elements that are used to confirm the user's identity and to avoid identity theft.
10) You will receive an email when your Tier 1 verification is either approved or rejected. If approved, you can proceed to Tier 2 verification. If rejected, be sure to read the instructions from our Compliance team before proceeding with a new upload of the required documents.
11) A successful Tier 1 verification will unlock the ability to increase your verification level. Tier 2 will allow you to invest up to CHF 500,000 using Eidoo's advanced features. In order to obtain Tier 2 verification, you will need to provide proof of residence. To do this, you need to upload a photo of a bank statement or a utility bill. The document must be photographed in paper form. Therefore, if you only have a digital copy of the document, please print it.
Note: The name and address must be visible in the proof of residence. It must not be older than 3 months and the image must not be cut (the four corners of the document must be visible).
12) After uploading proof of your residence, you will be asked questions about your financial and commercial situation. You will be presented with a self-certification document, to be digitally signed by an SMS code. This certifies that you are the only beneficiary of the EidooID account for which you have requested Tier 2 verification, and you are presented with the terms of service for the account. Once your submission has been confirmed by SMS code, your request will be taken care of by our compliance team and you will receive an email from them either approving or refusing your verification. In case of refusal, be sure to read the instructions carefully before proceeding with a new upload of the requested documents.
Note: For experienced investors, it is possible to increase their level of verification to Tier 3, which allows investments in excess of CHF 500,000.
13) Congratulations! Your EidooID account has been successfully created. Now you can benefit from all the advanced features of the Eidoo Wallet.